If you’ve always wanted to work in a greenhouse we’ve got some fabulous opportunities for full-time, or part-time seasonal work. Our busy time is mid-March to the end of May, but there may be some opportunity for part-time employment further into the season. Here’s what we need:
Full-Time Greenhouse Assistant
Working in the greenhouse, where we grow and where customers shop. Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to) caring for plants in greenhouse, organizing online orders and contractor pre-orders, dealing with customers and maintaining the retail environment.
Here are some of the traits we’re looking for:
- Initiative – the ability to work independently and set priorities.
- A willingness to do whatever needs doing. We are a small operation, and we all work together to make sure the plants are happy, the greenhouse is clean and organized and the garden centre is ready for customers.
- Knowledge of plants is an asset.
- High energy and a positive outlook – we work hard in a high-stress environment.
- Ability to talk about plants and gardening with customers.
- Weekend availability.
Likely duration mid-March to the end of May. Possibly part-time from June thru the summer.
Part-time Greenhouse Assistant
Same requirements as the full-time assistant, but we’re looking for someone to work 2 or 3 days per week.
This position could be combined with the part-time greenhouse assistant.
Primarily in April and May, it will be very weather dependent. We need someone who can mow, hand-weed, weed-whack and drive a tractor. There may also be some DIY such as building signs, benches etc. This will take place around the garden centre and greenhouses, but also in our lovely new wedding venue space.