We might not live in the tropics, but that doesn’t have to stop us getting tropical during our gardening season!
Plants that would typically be grown as houseplants can be a dramatic addition to your spring planting plans – big leaves, bold colours and an attitude that says “I’m here and you’d better look at me!”
Five reasons for planting tropical ‘houseplants’ outside this spring:
- They are big, bold and unique; some have oversized leaves, while others sport the brightest colours or most interesting textures.
- They look exotic and exciting.
- They will contrast magnificently with your favourite annuals.
- Most tropical plants will flourish outside during the summer, although avoid full sun.
- You can bring your tropical plants inside during the winter.
Check out some of our favourite ‘housplants’ for outdoors:
You can find all these, and more fabulous plants, in our online store. Have a browse, and find some inspiration!
Of course if you prefer to shop in person, we would love to see you in the greenhouse! Our opening hours are as follows:
- APRIL –
Tuesday – Saturday… 10am to 4pm
- MAY –
Monday – Friday… 9-6
You can find us at 243015 Boundary Road, Rocky View County.
Map and directions at: https://bloomfieldgardencentre.net/contact/map/